The shipper/receiver will be responsible for safe and proper handling of all product and materials, keeps the warehouse area clean and organized. Has the ability to lead by example and is committed to customer service, punctual. A positive attitude in the workplace is required as is the ability to adhere to all human resources, operational and food & health safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure all equipment is well maintained and operating properly.
- Operate equipment in a safe efficient manner and complete daily inspection.
- Prepare orders correctly and ensure FIFO stock rotation.
- Record ship data and label completed product.
- Load/unload material to and from designated storage area or vehicle.
- Sort/store items according to specification.
- Stack or pile pallets, materials etc.
- Supply/return palletizer
- Supply/return packaging material to line.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Dispose of waste regularly.
- Ensure all required food safety documents are up to date.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skill, able to work independently.
- Ability to work under pressure, to multi-task and to reprioritize tasks.
- Punctual Excellent documentation, communication and time management skills
- Able to climb stairs and stand on feet for an extended period of time.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written, oral and spoken) in English.
- Must be physically fit, able to bend, stretch, twist and lift heavy material (up to 50lbs).
- Must be willing to work weekends/evening hours.